2019 Local Food Summit
Bringing Farms to the Table
Join the Muncie Food Hub Partnership, Purdue University Extension, and the Delaware County Food Council for the 4th annual Local Food Summit of Muncie and East Central Indiana.
We will explore innovations in delivering local food to consumers and students, the movement of food and its impact on our planet and economies, food stories from here and afar, and the chance to learn about your role in shaping our local food landscape through consumerism, advocacy, and action.
When: Wednesday, November 6 | 9:30 am -6:30 pm
Where: Ball State University Alumni Center (map)
Cost: $30 for the full day (includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks throughout the day.
Scholarships are available! If interested, please email Ashley Pavey for consideration.
Come grow our local food system in Muncie and East Central Indiana! A light breakfast will provided beginning at 9:00 am and opening remarks will start at 10:00.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone with an interest in local food! Especially:
Kelsey Timmerman – Author of Where am I Eating? A Journey through the Global Food Economy
- Sue Errington, Indiana House of Representatives
- Molly Hunt, County Extension Director, Purdue Extension
- Tim Lanane, Indiana Senate
- Carol Pierson, Family Nutrition Program Assistant, Purdue Extension
- Food Insecurity in East Central Indiana – Tim Kean, CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank
- Delaware County Food Council – John Disher, IU Healthy Community Alliance
- The 8twelve Coalition – Bryan Ayers, CEO Open Door Health Services in Delaware County
- Farm-to-School Efforts – Tarrah Westercamp, Food Procurement Director Crawfordsville Schools
Farmer – Chef Panel:
- Wendy Carpenter, Christopher Farm
- Shelly Shrock, Shrock Family Farm
- Dave Ring, The Downtown Farm Stand
- Chef Tyler Herald, Patachou, Petit Chou, and Napolese among others!
- Enjoy some late afternoon snacks paired with locally produced beer from Guardian Brewing
- Peruse a variety of sustainable food systems related posters and projects by Ball State students
Please contact Dr. Josh Gruver