Artist rendering of Kitselman trailhead and Kitselman Pure Energy Park
The Kitselman Trailhead and Pure Energy Park is a significant project underway on Muncie’s eastside. The project, officially announced on March 31, 2016, will include the development of a trailhead to connect White River Greenway and Cardinal Greenway and a massive overhaul of the former Indiana Steel and Wire site.
Read more about the project.
Kyle Johnson, Director of the Delaware County GIS Department presented at the March 2015 Neighborhood President’s Council meeting. In response to audience interest, Kyle created an online map of Muncie that includes the ability to view the following data:
- Properties in Multiple Tax Sales (unsold tax delinquent properties)
- Muncie Street and Park Trees
- Crime Density (all Crimes 2009-2014)
- Hardest Hit Funds Demolitions Properties (round 1 & 2)
- Parcels (links to Beacon for info)
- Fire Hydrants
- Bicycle Friendly Roads
- Bike Lanes
- Art & Culture Trail
- Greenways & Trails
- Muncie Historic Districts
- Parcels with Homestead Exemptions (owner occupied)
- Neighborhood Boundaries
- UBHA properties (all properties brought before the Unsafe Building hearing Authority since 2012)
- Muncie Sidewalks
In order to view the above listed layers, please click on “Content” in the left hand side of the browser. You will be able to turn layers on and off by checking the individual boxes.